Benjamin Ambrosio was certified by New York State in Police Sciences during his ten-year career as a police officer for the New York City Police Department. At the New York City Police Academy, Ambrosio was in the top ten percent of his class, passing such courses as the Homeland Security Seminar and the Deadly Force Incidents and Statements Seminar, among others. Ambrosio wanted to stay highly trained and practiced during his time as a police officer during his career so that he could protect and serve his community effectively.
Police Science is, technically, the research and study of police work. There are many facets of police science that all have separate courses and fields of study themselves, including penology, criminology, forensic science, jurisprudence, and more. All of these fields and several others fall under the umbrella term police science. All of this research and study goes into finding the most effective methods of law enforcement and more. Police science involves the study of the laws themselves as well and how the entire criminal justice system operates as it affects the police themselves doing their jobs in the field. Benjamin Ambrosio learned effective methods of interrogation, gathering evidence, and interviewing individuals from the New York City Police Academy during his time there.
Benjamin Ambrosio stayed trained and ready to help his community using sound and tested police tactics that were shown to be effective and studied to improve his skills in the field. After over ten years on the force, Ambrosio now lives in Pelham Manor, New York.
Benjamin Ambrosio loves criminal procedurals as much as anyone else, but they are not nearly as accurate in their depictions of how criminal investigations are solved in the real world. Ambrosio knows all too well that evidence is collected for these investigations over weeks of preparation and work, and no cases are solved in twenty-five minutes or less. Ambrosio spent ten years working for the New York Police Department as an officer helping to conduct a series of criminal investigations in all kinds of manners over the years. He often got the ball rolling for investigations by meeting with first responders and other officers working to solve crimes and prevent others.
Benjamin Ambrosio knows that criminal investigations take months to undertake. This is because law enforcement agencies have to work hard to provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt that an accused individual is guilty of his or her crimes in a court of law. This requires diligent police work over weeks and months to be able to present to the jury and the defense lawyers in court. Ambrosio has been involved in many criminal investigations over his career and he knows the hard work that all attending officers have to put in to ensure that justice is served in their communities.
Benjamin Ambrosio earned a Political Science degree from Loyola College in Maryland, where he took classes in Constitutional Law and completed internships with the Baltimore Police Department’s Homicide Unit, and with the Baltimore Office of the Public Defender. He then spent over ten years working for the New York Police Department, patrolling areas of the Bronx and Brooklyn and working with his community to help protect and serve all citizens of his beats. Ambrosio had many options for his career with a Political Science degree before he decided to join the police force. Here are a few things you can do:
- Government and advocacy. There are many government jobs ranging from city planning to legislature and the CIA. About 55% of political science graduates worked for the federal government in 2015.
- Law. There are many jobs that require interpretation of political ideas and the analytical skills that political science graduates like Benjamin Ambrosio have. Graduates can get into consumer advocacy, the judicial system and more.
- Lobbyists. Fighting for various causes in state and federal government require the skills of political science graduates who can maneuver within the issues and work with politicians to get them through all levels of government on behalf of voters’ interests.
Benjamin Ambrosio has worked hard to help his community by serving his constituents as a police officer. His understanding of political science got him a job in the New York Police Department, an opportunity that he took full advantage of to help keep his community safe.
Benjamin Ambrosio was a New York City police officer for over a decade. During his tenure working as a police officer in New York, he has worked with many new counter-terrorism strategies coming down to help protect local citizens. These measures have helped saved lives over the years and there are many strategies being enacted by law enforcement agencies on the city, state, and federal levels. Ambrosio has worked with federal agents and with training officers on counter-terrorism strategies for New York City and beyond. Ambrosio was long known in the police force for his excellent work in training and working with supervisors and new officers, as well as others from other departments.
Benjamin Ambrosio kept up-to-date with all counter-terrorism strategies coming from the federal government over the years. Today, the federal government is focused on the nebulous nature of terrorist threats around the world today. The strategy now is to focus on the numerous countries around the world that support terrorism in order to oppose US interests. The strategy also focuses on the terrorist network Al-Qaida and its affiliates and adherents around the world. Individuals who have been inspired by the message and work of Al-Qaida have committed too many terrorist killings around the world already.
Benjamin Ambrosio has learned much about US world counter-terrorism efforts during his time with the New York Police Department. He took pride in keeping his local citizens safe during his time as a police officer. He performed his job well and performed the many daily options as an officer to help protect his community.
Internships have become an important part of college student’s education, providing them with the work experience they need for their post-graduation job search. Benjamin Ambrosio, a police officer in New York City, utilized his internship opportunities to jump-start his career. In order to have a successful internship, it is important to impress your employer during your time there. Here are some tips to get the most out of your internship.
Know what to expect during your time at the company. While you may not be doing anything glamorous, you will be making other people’s lives easier. Just remember that you are getting exposure to the field and experience for your resume.
Even when you are handed boring tasks, show that you care about the quality of work by following instructions and paying attention to details. This will establish trust early on and possibly lead to more interesting work.
Mirror how others in the office act. Paying attention to the office culture will help you stand out from other interns.
Focus on your work. Avoid using social media and texting your friends throughout the day. The opinion of your manager matters.
Own up to any mistakes you may make and handle them correctly. Don’t try to cover it up or make excuses, take your work seriously and know that what you do affects other employees.
A successful internship can mean the difference between landing your perfect job after graduation or struggling to find a meaningful position. Benjamin Ambrosio used his internship to gain experience in law enforcement before entering the New York City Police Academy.
When it comes to crime protection, early detection and reporting are essential. As a police officer, Benjamin Ambrosio believes that one of the most effective ways people can protect their home and family is by starting a Neighborhood Watch program in their community. The more eyes you have watching the area, the safer you and your family will be. The following steps will help you get your own neighborhood watch started.
1. Take the time to talk to your neighbors and explain how a neighborhood watch program can benefit everyone. Be sure to let them know that it won’t require frequent meetings or a substantial investment of their time.
2. Recruit those neighbors that show enthusiasm for the program. This will help to reduce the amount of time you personally have to invest in the process.
3. Organize the basic structure of key personnel and delegate responsibilities. Identify a block captain for each block if possible and select a coordinator to represent the groups’ interest to the police department.
4. Meet with your local police department. The can help you learn about reporting skills, crime trends, and any requirements needed for establishing a Neighborhood Watch.
5. Use your recently established leadership structure to recruit new members and establish a network.
6. Finally, develop a plan of action and define guidelines and goals.
Forming a Neighborhood Watch is a great way to protect your home and family. Benjamin Ambrosio, as a police officer, works with the many different Neighborhood Watch groups located throughout his community.
In any job, the presence of conflict is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with immediately in order to avoid any costly situations. When dealing with conflict in his position, Benjamin Ambrosio engages in a variety of conflict resolution strategies to help remedy a potential conflict before it escalates. Here are some simple strategies that can be used to help employees put their conflicts behind them.
- Often times, conflict arises because communication has broken down. Encourage employees to communicate with each other and talk through the problem that is at hand.
- If the situation is escalating, it may be more effective to use written communication to help resolve the conflict. This can help them select their words more carefully and avoid the exchange erupting into a yelling match.
- If the conflict has escalated to the point where things won’t be able to be worked out between the two of them, you may need to bring in a third party to mediate the problem. Bringing in a mediator can help individuals work through their problems productively.
- Arrange for a compromise. Present the individuals with a potential compromise and let them consider the options you are presenting. This can help keep individuals from feeling slighted if the conflict wasn’t resolved in their favor.
Dealing with conflict is never fun, but with the right tools and strategies, it can be managed more easily. Benjamin Ambrosio, a police officer for the New York City Police Department, has been managing conflict for more than a decade as a part of his job.